Our will is to keep environment friendly vessels high with a charming design. An excellent team of Naval architects and designers managed by experts in marine & offshore industry is the back bone of our firm.
Our services in design are
1. Basic Design – From concept design to class approval.
2. Production Design – From Nesting to cutting plans & routing.
3. Naval Architecture calculations – All Design calculations in marine & offshore industry.
We help our clients in concept design as to get their ideas in to reality, engineering design & class approval drawings & its approval from statutory authorities.
Hull surface optimization
- Hull form design
- Hull surface optimization using CFD
Resistance & Propulsion
- Resistance calculation by empirical, RANS solver and model test
- Determining engine power, selection of propulsion
- Propeller design
Model testing & Analysis
- Model making and testing
- Resistance test, Propeller test, Paint flow test, Cavitation test
- Analysis of result and optimization
Seakeeping & Maneuvering
- Maneuvering calculation
- Design of rudder and other devices
- Model test and analysis
- Mooring analysis
- Intact stability, Damage stability
- Launching calculation
- Inclining experiment and stability documentation
Classification Society approval drawings
- Hull structure design and drawings
- Machinery outfitting and piping design
- Hull outfitting design
- Electrical system design
- Other Classification society drawings
Advanced outfitting in blocks is the most favored method of construction adopted by all leading shipyards. This is a major factor contributing to reducing the time period of construction. A critical element enabling this method is the production design support. This includes 3-D modelling of all the structure and outfitting including piping, outfitting, HVAC and cable tray. Navgathi’s team is capable of supporting shipyard for construction in the marine and offshore industry.
- HVAC & Cable Tray
The structural modeling and analysis is performed in Solidworks.
For CFD we use OpenFOAM. In case of slender hulls we perform powering calculations in Michlet.