• Designing of ships and boats, related components and specialist equipment, using complex mathematical
and physical models to ensure the ship’s design is technically sound and that it complies with safety
• Planning the whole build process of a vessel, managing everything from concept through to delivery of the
• Providing Clients with engineering solutions, technical and commercial guidance, support and project
management for concept design studies, new vessel constructions, refits and conversions.
• Risk analysis of ships and marine structures, using the regulations of classification societies and
intergovernmental organizations such as the International Maritime Organization (IMO), to assess aspects of
design such as strength, stability and lifesaving;
• To get the approval of the drawings and documents from owners/class/statutory bodies and resolve issues
• Ensure the drawings and calculation are error free
• To allocate work and assist the engineers’/Draft personnel for the execution of the Design Jobs as per the
• Preparation of Statutory drawings like LSA, FFA, LSS, Fire protection plan, escape and evacuation plan.
• Lines development and production fairing
• Preliminary trim and intact stability calculations & probabilistic damage stability calculations
• Scantling calculation using all types of classification rule books and other Naval architectural calculations
including resistance and powering calculations.
• Preparation of Basic class drawings (Basic drawings, Arrangements, structural, Outfit)
• Professionally qualified B. Tech or M. Tech in Naval Architecture from an accredited & reputed institution.
• Relevant experience of 3 to 5 years in Design engineering.
• Desired exposure includes conceptualization, feasibility assessment, establishing design requirements,
preliminary/basic and detailed design, production planning and tool design.